Turkey Roll-ups with Cilantro Mayonnaise
These make delicious snacks or appetizers. Note: you only need to use about 1 tablespoon or less of the cilantro mayonnaise on each turkey roll-up. ENJOY!
Ingredients (turkey roll-ups) – Serves 2
- 4 slices turkey breast
- 4 medium Boston lettuce leaves
- Cilantro mayonnaise (see below)
- 4 scallions (e.g. green onions)
- 4 red bell pepper strips
Directions (turkey roll-ups)
- Place 1 slice of turkey on a lettuce leaf spread with Cilantro Mayonnaise (see below).
- Add 1 scallion and 1 pepper strip.
- Fold into a tight, cigar-like roll.
Ham may be substituted for the turkey. Cilantro mayonnaise can be used as a dip instead of a spread.
Nutrition Facts (per serving – 2 roll-ups): 54 calories, 10 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fats, 604 mg sodium, 17 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber.
Ingredients (cilantro mayonnaise)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic
Directions (cilantro mayonnaise)
- Place the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (per tablespoon): 36 calories, 0 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fats, 104 mg sodium, 4 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber.