Chopped Salad with Tuna
This salad makes a very filling lunch. There are plenty of flavors for your taste buds to savor and you will be nice and full when you finish with this salad. Note: The recipe says it serves 1, but I split it up and get 2 servings. Enjoy yourself!
Salad Ingredients – Serves 1
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 chopped radishes
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Layer the tuna, cucumber, tomato, avocado, celery, radishes, and lettuce in a decorative glass bowl. (You don’t have to do it in a glass bowl; it’s more for presentation purposes)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I use the bottled lime juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I use a garlic press)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad.
Nutrition Facts (per serving – 1 salad): 506 calories, 48 g protein, 18 g carbohydrates, 28 g fat, 4 g saturated fats, 640 mg sodium, 50 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber
If you’re doing Weight Watchers, it would be 11 points.