Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books on My Spring 2014 TBR (To Be Read) List
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday challenge, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is the Top 10 Books on My Spring 2014 To Be Read List. I am so freaking excited about this list and had a hard time narrowing it down to just 10 books that are at the top of my to read this spring list. I didn’t add anything from my current zombie addiction list, but I also didn’t even try to stick to one genre. So sit back, relax and maybe you’ll find a book to add to your TBR list! Links will direct you to these books on Amazon.
Top 10 Books on My Spring 2014 TBR (To Be Read) List
1. Not Easy Being Green by Susy Gage – The cover of this book made me think of Wicked (I’m totally obsessed) and then I read the book’s description. Graduate students affected by a mutant virus in an academic thriller/satire that I am practically peeing my pants in anticipation of reading it. *Link takes you to NetGalley because this title is not available until Jan. 2015.
2. Hybrid by Brian O’Grady – I was so excited to get this book thanks to a B&N Free Friday Nook deal that I was practically foaming at the mouth.
3. The Supermodel’s Best Friend by Gretchen Galway – I’m only guessing based on the book’s description, but it looks like a hilarious and cute little romantic comedy. I wouldn’t mind finding out that this is a needle in the haystack.
4. Angelstone (Dark Angel #2) by Hanna Peach – I obsessed so much over the first one that it has been killing me to wait on starting the second one. I refuse to start yet another book (more than 2 or 3 at once is a bit too much). But I can guarantee you that it will be read before April.
5. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling – The real question is, why wouldn’t this book be on your list?
6. Sharcano by Jose Prendes – I have such high hopes for this novel that I may have shot myself in the foot and should prepare myself for disappointment. It sounds like a pretty great sci-fi book and the possibility for hilarity in an absolutely preposterous situation is high. I predict Sharknado book edition.
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – In reality I desperately want to read the entire Lunar Chronicles from start to finish, preferably in one sitting without the need for food and bathroom breaks.
8. Saltwater Witch by Chris Howard – I won this in a giveaway on Goodreads and haven’t had a chance to start it yet. I’m so pumped for it, but I know it’s part of a trilogy and have been holding off until I have the time to commit to enslaving my brain to the continuous reading I’ll be itching to do.
9. The Girl They Sold to the Moon by Chris Stevenson – I stumbled across this little gem on Goodreads one day. I now have a copy and can’t wait to read and review it.
10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – I’ve really only heard good things about this book. My curiosity has been piqued and I can’t wait to sit down with this book and find out why people have been raving about it.
I had such a hard time narrowing this list down to just 10. I really could’ve done a Top 100 list and still left a bunch of books off of it. I have far too many books that I want to read and I get seriously excited about each and every one of them. So now that I’ve made this list, I can get back to reading!
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: angelstone, blogging, books, brian o'grady, challenge, cinder, fangirl, hanna peach, hybrid, jose prendes, love reading, lunar chronicles, marissa meyer, mindy kaling, not easy being green, rainbow rowell, sharcano, susy gage, to be read list, top 10 list, top ten tuesday