Treat Yo Self Thursday – May 8, 2014
We know this post should’ve been up yesterday (Thursday), but sometimes life gets in the way of book blogging. You can’t win ’em all. This is also our 100th post at Reviews In A Pinch!!! We’re very excited about this and would like to thanks all of our readers and followers out there. On to the post:
Over at NoMoney4Books, they regularly do a Treat Yo Self Thursday post. It’s all about what books/bookish things you’ve treated yourself to. Normally at Reviews In A Pinch, we just enviously read these posts and add some of the books to our to-read list. We’re normally a model for self-control. Yes, we get a bunch of daily free books from Amazon and Barnes & Noble (via daily emails, it’s awesome and super convenient). However, we don’t normally buy books.
Well, this week we went off the deep end and went on a book buying spree. Add to that, my Aunt was in town and very generously bought the books I picked up at Barnes & Noble. It’s sad and exciting in equal measures and I’m really not ashamed of how geeky I am right now.
The links will take you to Amazon, if you decide you want to go on a crazy book buying spree for this Treat Yo Self Thursday too! Without further ado, here’s our mega treat week for books:
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie – NoMoney4Books told me I’d like this, so I bought it during this ridiculous book binge.
- Arm Candy by Jill Kargman
- Bossypants by Tina Fey – I think she’s hilarious. No further explanation is necessary.
- Comedy in a Minor Key by Hans Keilson
- Die For Me: A Novel of the Valentine Killer by Cynthia Eden
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – I wanted to read this series, but really didn’t want to pay $12 for the book. It was on sale for about $5.
- Domestic Affairs by Bridget Siegel
- Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz
- Help Wanted, Desperately by Ariel Horn
- Looking for Alaska by John Green – I’m not going to lie. I bought this because I’ve always wanted to live in Alaska. I didn’t even read the darn description.
- My Date From Hell by Tellulah Darling (Book 2)
- My Ex From Hell by Tellulah Darling (Book 1) – It was a no brainer to buy the rest of the series after falling in love with book 3.
- My Life From Hell by Tellulah Darling (Book 3) – I did mention that I loved this book in my review, right?
- Paper Towns by John Green – I sort of ended up on a John Green buying spree. They were all less than $6!
- Storm Prey by John Sanford
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I kind of want to see the movie and I’m that obnoxious person that prefers to read the book first.
- The Gods of Greenwich by Norb Vonnegut – It was $0.89 for a hardcover copy. No brainer.
- The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner – One of my co-workers was telling me how much she loved this book. I figured why not try it out.
- The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
- Wedding Cake and Big Mistakes by Nancy Naigle – Total guilty pleasure read. Plus it was part of an Amazon Local deal.
- Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier – I once again owe credit to a recommendation from NoMoney4Books. Plus it’s a zombie book. Would I really be able to resist? No.
Additions Thanks to Auntie
- 101 Myths of the Bible by Gary Greenberg – Just because I am actually that geeky.
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige – I’ve been dying to read this since I found out it was coming out.
- Lean In by Sheryl Sanberg – My aunt recommended this due to the inspirational message.
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin – I liked the movie. Therefore in my mind, the book will be pure awesomeness.
- Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy, Slob Who Did Good by Kevin Smith – Another person I find hilarious. I’m not saying all of his movies are gold, but when he gives a talk/speech I usually laugh or at least chuckle.
So did anyone else treat themselves?