Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Just HAD To Buy. . . But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf
**NOTE: This should’ve been posted yesterday (Tuesday), but due to an error (human or technological) it is being posted today (Wednesday).
We’re baaaaaaaaack! We’re so excited to be participating in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Today was a Top Ten Tuesday Freebie. Which means you pick your own topic. I did not have the brain power to come up with my own topic this morning, so I just went through old TTT and picked one of those. I tend to buy books on what I refer to as a binge basis. Therefore, I have a bunch of books that are just chilling on my shelf waiting to be read. My mantra in this scenario, “I’ll get to it one day soon.”
Top 10 Books I Just HAD To Buy. . . But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf
1. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown – I picked it up at B&N as soon as it was available and then never read it. Actually I may have read about 4 chapters, but that was so long ago that I’d have to start over now anyway.
2. Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin by Kathy Griffin – I know she can be offensive and could probably make a sailor blush, but I find her to be “pee your pants” hilarious. Having said that, I own this book and have yet to read it.
3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley – This is one of those books where you pretty much know the story without ever cracking the book open. I want to read it for myself, but I just haven’t really had the time or motivation to actually pick it up to start reading.
4. Dracula by Bram Stoker – Yet another book that I already know the story, but wanted to actually read it. Still haven’t gotten around to it…yet.
5. Ghost Town by Rachel Caine – I actually really like this series (the Morganville vampires), but I lost momentum and never really picked it up again. So, this has been just sitting on my shelf for a while now.
6. The Forbidden Game by L. J. Smith – I don’t even remember what this is about. I just know it’s 3 books in one and I was really excited to get it a few years ago. Then I never read it. So it’s just sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read one day.
7. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – I already know it’s lame that I have yet to read this. I’ve owned a copy for years now, but I need to just suck it up, sit down and read it.
8. Virals by Kathy Reichs – I really love everything I’ve read by Kathy Reichs. So, I picked up the first book in this new series and for some reason (laziness probably) didn’t get around to reading it.
9. Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis – A friend recommended I read this series and I bought the first book and then went on a major reading hiatus (for about 2 years). I might get around to it, now that I’ve re-discovered the magic of reading (I’m a dork).
10. Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage – I don’t know that this one really counts because I made it about half way through before I took an extended reading hiatus from it. Plus someone gave it to me; I didn’t actually buy it. They thought I would like it because it has a lot of big words (a surprisingly apt description – having a dictionary close by has been essential). It just goes to show you, I really do read as many different genres as I can get my hands on.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges