Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books That Should Be in Your Beach Bag
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, as always.
I always loved summer reading for school. Especially in elementary school when they just gave you a list and you were supposed to read x number of books. I was a weekly regular at the library. I really miss those days, mostly because I actually had the time to sit and read for hours on end if that’s what I wanted to do. Now I have to get creative about finding the time to read (or become a temporary hermit).
Like a few of the book bloggers I regularly keep up with, I enjoy light reads during the summer. Mostly because when you’re at the beach, your entire focus probably isn’t on your book so it’s much nicer not to have to think through a complicated plot while splitting your time between reading and seashell searching (or whatever beach activity you prefer). So here is what we at Reviews In A Pinch think you should have in your beach bag this summer.
Top 10 Books That Should Be in Your Beach Bag
1. Beach Flirts! by Lisa Scott – It’s 5 short stories and they’re all beach themed. You really can’t go wrong with this collection of summer cuteness. It’s really just a bonus that they’re short stories, so you can pause in your reading as often as you need to and not have to re-read everything.
2. Save the Date by Tamara Summers – Her last name is really perfect for this post, but on a more serious note Save the Date is a quick, fun read that take place during the summer. Are you sensing a theme yet? Our review will be coming soon!
3. Sunshine by Nikki Rae – This is a bit darker than most summer reads, but definitely worth picking up. I also love the irony of reading it outside in the sunshine, while the main character is highly allergic to the sun. I have a warped sense of humor. Our review.
4. Caribbean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne – Vacation time anyone? This book makes me wish I was on a cruise ship sailing through the Caribbean. Rachel Hawthorne really seems to specialize in books I’d love to have in my beach bag. I’d also recommend The Boyfriend League and will personally have Labor of Love in my own beach bag. Our review will be coming soon!
5. Death’s Excellent Vacation – One of those amazing anthologies that will give you a taste of many different authors. Authors included are Charlaine Harris, Katie MacAlister, Jeaniene Frost, Lilith Saintcrow, Jeff Abbott, and plenty more for you to sample.
7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – It’s never a bad time to read one of the Harry Potter books. Not to mention, I just got all of the books on audiobook. Therefore, they will be in my beach bag because they’re all conveniently located on my iPod now.
9. Shock Me by Ashley C. Harris – This is a fast, young adult paranormal that I really enjoyed. The only thing is, it’s the first in the series and none of the other books are out yet. I’m a tad impatient when I like a series, so this is a problem.
10. The Blooming Goddess trilogy by Tellulah Darling – I highly recommend reading this series. I think technically you’d classify it as a spring read if you’re going seasonal, but just pick them up and read them already. We’ve already posted reviews for My Ex From Hell (book 1) and My Life From Hell (book 3). Be on the lookout for a review of My Date From Hell (book 2). We know how ridiculously out-of-order we were with this trilogy.
Enjoy your summer reads because we’re sure that we will!
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: anthology, ashley c. harris, beach flirts, blogging, blogging challenge, book blogging, caribbean cruising, charlaine harris, death's excellent vacation, everyone worth knowing, harry potter and the sorcerer's stone, j.k. rowling, labor of love, lauren weisberger, lisa scott, my date from hell, my ex from hell, my life from hell, nikki rae, private practice, rachel hawthorne, samanthe beck, save the date, shock me, summer reading, sunshine, tamara summers, tellulah darling, the blooming goddess trilogy, the boyfriend league, the devil wears prada, top ten tuesday, TTT