Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Movies and TV Shows
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I was so excited when I saw this week’s topic. I may love to read, but I also love TV and movies (when I can find the time to watch them). I’m not doing them by category or anything crazy or hard to understand. I’m simply going to list my Top 5 Movies and my Top 5 TV Shows. I think this week will be extra interesting because these choices may tell you a bit more about your favorite book bloggers. Here we go. . . !
*Note: I may have gone a tad overboard with the gifs, but I get REALLY excited about this week’s post.
Top 5 Movies (Of All Time)
1. Blackhawk Down – I’m not really sure what it says about my mindset that a war movie is one of my favorites, but there it is. Plus, Tom Hardy is amazing.
2. The Boondock Saints – Even with all of the swearing and “gratuitous violence” it’s a cult classic that most people seem to experience during their college years. And it’s awesome, if you’re ok with blood and violence.
3. Frozen – I’m a huge musical dork (can’t freaking wait for Wicked to come out on DVD) and Frozen combined musical with animation into movie magic. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen it.
4. Miracle – It’s an underdog movie, which will pull at your heart strings and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But it’s all about hockey (which is spectacular) and it’s based on the true story of the 1980 US Olympic team. More bang for your buck.
5. Mamma Mia – I can sing the entire soundtrack without messing up single word (but it won’t be in the right key and I’m not sure if I’m hitting real notes). I’m also a huge fan of Amanda Seyfried and Christine Baranski (she’s perfect on The Big Bang Theory).
Honorable Mention: The Veronica Mars movie – It was just too fantastically mind-blowing not to mention it.
Top 5 TV Shows
1. NCIS – This is my all-time favorite show, ever since it spun off from JAG. Now, when is Ziva coming back?
2. Doctor Who – I am a complete geek when it comes to DW. This is one of those shows that makes me wish they would update Netflix faster. I love them all, but like everyone else I have a favorite Doctor and that is without question, David Tennant.
3. Veronica Mars – I loved this show and was inconsolable when they cancelled it (idiots). Then the movie came out and blew me away with its awesomeness.
4. Once Upon a Time – I’m pretty sure everyone watches this show and loves it. I’m slightly behind though and will be having a binge watching session in the very near future.
5. Supernatural – This show is ridiculously amazing. I keep thinking, “there’s no way they can do anything from there. It’s over.” BAM! They prove me wrong.
Honorable mention: The Walking Dead – Did you really think I’d leave zombies off of this list? I am kind of obsessed right now. Plus, I really love that they’ve never referred to them as zombies.
So, as you can see my tastes are all over the map. I can’t seem to find a genre that I exclusively am a fan of, but I think that’s a good thing. What did you pick for today’s Top Ten Tuesday?