Treat Yo Self Thursday – July 17, 2014
At No Money 4 Books, they have a weekly meme going for Treat Yo Self Thursday. It’s based off of Parks and Recreation and I love seeing what Ali has treated herself to every week. I don’t normally treat myself because when I do, I go way overboard with it. See our last Treat Yo Self post here. This week I was buying a book that a co-worker recommended I read (for dating because I’m pretty sure she thinks I’m hopeless) and I just decided I’d buy a few books that have been on my wishlist anyway. Check out what I bought below:
- Meeting Your Half-Orange: An Utterly Upbeat Guide to Using Dating Optimism to Find Your Perfect Match by Amy Spencer – This is the book that my co-worker thought would be “helpful”. Just to clarify, I’m not into reading self-help type books because the majority just seem like a whole lot of BS. Having said that, I’ll still read it with an open mind, but I don’t think I actually need the help.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha #1) – This series looks quite good and it’s received its fair share of praise throughout the book community, so I figured why not give it try. It was only $5.72.
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha #2) – I figured I would grab the second book in the series, just in case I absolutely love the first book and go on an obsessive reading binge. It’s happened before and bound to happen again.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #1) – This series is incredibly popular, especially among book bloggers. I picked up a copy at the library, but just couldn’t get into it. So, I found this for $6.51 and figured it was worth trying again.
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu – I tried through multiple sites to get an early review copy of this book and didn’t manage to get one. I was disappointed, but have now broken down and just bought myself a copy.
Like I really needed anymore books to read. I should take a picture of my to-read bookshelves when I get home, just so that everyone sees what I mean. Those shelves don’t even include all of my ebooks. I have a problem.
So I’ll end with asking the same question that No Money 4 Books asked earlier, did you treat yourself this week?