Oriental Cabbage Salad
This salad makes an excellent side dish with just about any meal. Or you can have it as an afternoon pick me up snack. Note: Tastes much better fresh. Not the best salad to have as leftovers.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1/2 small head green cabbage
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- peanuts (optional, I rarely add them myself)
- Combine the cabbage, scallions, oil, and vinegar.
- Toss well and chill until ready to serve.
- Add the sesame seeds and toss again before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 103 calories, 2 g protein, 5 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 15 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber