Treat Yo Self Thursday – September 18, 2014
At No Money 4 Books, they have a weekly meme going for Treat Yo Self Thursday. It’s based off of Parks and Recreation and I love getting ideas from what Ali buys. As my regular readers know, when I buy, I binge buy. Well, I went nuts last night and I think you guys will be both impressed and disturbed by the quantity of what I bought. It may actually be certifiable, but I don’t really care. I love books and have close to no self-control around them.
Some of the books came from a used bookstore that I walk by everyday when I’m leaving the metro station, but I hadn’t stopped in until yesterday. The deals were pretty good, especially considering the condition of the books was better than expected.
My major source (for 20 books) was online. I found an online used bookstore called Thrift Books and went overboard. The shipping was free and when you can find books that you want for as low as $2.99, who wouldn’t go a little book crazy. Overall, the point is that I lost my very tight hold on my self-control yesterday and now have plenty of material for this week’s Treat Yo Self Thursday. Check out what I bought below!
- Cell by Stephen King – BookJunkieKrystal, from Books Are My Thing, recommended I give King another chance and read this. I trust her judgement and will be cracking that baby open any day now.
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams – It’s the second book in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series and I figured I should continue.
- Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
- The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- All Families are Psychotic by Douglas Coupland
- Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture by Douglas Coupland
- Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- Next by Michael Crichton
- Prey by Michael Crichton
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Tropical Kiss by Jan Coffey
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- And One Last Thing… by Molly Harper
- The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe – This is based off of an indirect recommendation from BookJunkieKrystal
- The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black
- Inferno by Dan Brown – I really need to finish The Lost Symbol.
I was all over the map with this binge buying adventure. I got some books by popular authors that I’ve never read, books I’m ashamed that I haven’t read, and then a bunch that I just wanted. Now there’s just the matter of deciding where to start.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: all families are psychotic, and one last thing, anne rice, barbara kingsolver, beautiful creatures, books, cell, chick lit, dan brown, douglas adams, douglas coupland, fantasy, fiction, generation x, holly black, i am number four, inferno, interview with the vampire, j.k. rowling, jan coffey, jonathan maberry, kami garcia, katherine howe, lord of the flies, margaret atwood, margaret stohl, michael crichton, molly harper, mystery, neil gaiman, neverwhere, next, no money 4 books, parks and recreation, patient zero, pittacus lore, prey, rachel hawthorne, sci-fi, scott westerfeld, snowed in, stephen king, suspense, the casual vacancy, the graveyard book, the handmaid's tale, the physick book of deliverance dane, the poison eaters, the poisonwood bible, the restaurant at the end of the universe, thriller, treat yo self thursday, tropical kiss, uglies, william golding