September is for Sequels Wrap-Up
September is over and it’s time to recap for the September is for Sequels reading challenge. If you’d like to read our sign-up post, just click here. The challenge ran from September 1 – 30 and was hosted by Lisa Loves Literature. As some of you may remember, Mel was in a fairly significant reading slump when we signed up for this challenge (we signed up for 2 different challenges at the same time).
It was a fairly straight-forward challenge. Read only sequels. Prequels counted if they were published after the first book in the series. You had to read at least 4 sequels for the challenge, but we set a goal of 10 (and called it modest – can now say that was a bit too cocky). Before we go any further with this wrap-up, I want to make it clear that I did NOT come anywhere near my goal of 10 sequels.
What did we end up reading this month?
1. Crow: Episode Two by Alex Owens (Crow #2)
2. Path of Darkness by Mark Lein (The Seeker’s Burden #2)
Wow, that is very underwhelming. I read a whole 2 sequels this month. That’s actually a bit embarrassing.
What did we start, but not finish this month?
1. The Gift by James Patterson (Witch & Wizard #2)
2. The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia #3)
3. Sadie’s Guide to Catching Killers: A Sadie Novella by Zane Sachs
Good grief. Kill me now. For the record I did actually read other books this month and even started plenty of others. Apparently I was not paying attention though and quite a few of them either are stand alones or the first book. I feel like a failure, but at the same time I’m just happy to be out of my reading slump. Can’t get a much better victory than that, unless I’d actually succeeded in this reading challenge.
On to October’s challenges!
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: alex owens, blogging challenge, c.s. lewis, chronicles of narnia, crow, crow: episode two, james patterson, mark lein, path of darkness, reading challenge, sadie's guide to catching killers, september is for sequels, series, the gift, the horse and his boy, the seeker's burden, witch & wizard, zane sachs