Treat Yo Self Thursday – October 2, 2014
Over at No Money 4 Books, they created this bookish meme called Treat Yo Self Thursday. We all know that it’s just not possible to buy ourselves every book or bookish item that we’d like, but we should treat ourselves once in awhile! Inspired by Parks and Recreation’s Treat Yo Self Day, this is a chance to share what bookish item you treated yourself to this week. It can be a book you had to get your hands on, a great deal you just couldn’t pass up, or even reading paraphernalia such as a shiny new e-reader, cool bookmarks, cute reading glasses… nothing’s too small to include on Treat Yo Self Thursday!
Here at Reviews in a Pinch, we don’t participate every week, but when we do we go overboard. You’ve already guessed that we participated this week, so let’s get to the book haul.
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
- Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
- Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
- Control by Lydia Kang: I just about peed myself from excitement when I finally found this book at a decent price.
- Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
- Cujo by Stephen King
- Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
- Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
- Dog Gone, Back Soon by Nick Trout
- Dreamcatcher by Stephen King
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
- Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
- Grendel by John Gardner
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- Island Girls (And Boys) by Rachel Hawthorne
- It by Stephen King
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Naked by David Sedaris
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- Taken by Erin Bowman: This is another one that I’ve been biding my time on.
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Shining by Stephen King
- The Stand by Stephen King
- Thinner by Stephen King as Richard Bachman
- Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne
Ebooks I Actually Bought
I know a lot of you are thinking that I’m currently obsessed with Stephen King and David Sedaris based on this list, but I’m not. They were having a sale of 3 books (by the same author) for $7.99 with free shipping. I couldn’t and didn’t pass it up. In case you were wondering where this wonderful deal came from, I got sucked into Thrift Books. . . again. I may be able to start that home library sooner than I anticipated.
Just in case anyone was wondering about the total for this deal, we spent $56.40 for the entire book haul. That’s one heck of a deal, if I do say so myself.
I think we’re done for awhile now. We should have more than enough books to get through the rest of 2014 and beyond. Plus, we need to save up for the big new releases that can’t be found in used bookstores yet. And there’s no room left on any surface or bookshelf in the house, at the moment.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: 13 little blue envelopes, boil, book haul, brew, broken hearts fences and other things to mend, charlaine harris, charm & strange, control, cormac mccarthy, cryptonomicon, cujo, david estes, david sedaris, dead reckoning, deadlocked, dog gone back soon, dreamcatcher, dreamland, dress your family in corduroy and denim, erin bowman, fiction, grendel, i am legend, island girls (and boys), it, john gardner, jurassic park, just listen, katie finn, lydia kang, maureen johnson, me talk pretty one day, michael crichton, naked, neal stephenson, nick trout, pet sematary, rachel hawthorne, richard bachman, sarah dessen, stephanie kuehn, stephen king, stieg larsson, taken, the girl who kicked the hornet's nest, the girl who played with fire, the girl with the dragon tattoo, the road, the shining, the stand, thinner, thrill ride, treat yo self thursday