Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
This week’s topic is awesome! The biggest draw, for me, while reading is getting swept up in a new world with interesting characters. So, let’s get to it. . .
Top 10 Places Books Have Made Me Want to Visit
1. Hogwarts – I’m fairly certain that everyone who’s read Harry Potter wanted to go to Hogwarts.
2. Narnia – Another incredibly detailed world that I’ve always been disappointed about not being able to visit. Meeting talking animals, centaurs, and defeating all sorts of evil beings would be too cool.
3. Bar Harbor, Maine – I’ve been to Main before, but not Bar Harbor. Pulled Beneath made it sound like an absolutely gorgeous place to visit. It looks like the ultimate picturesque New England town.
4. Space – These Broken Stars and The Forever Watch were easily my top two bookish reasons for wanting to explore space and find and inhabitable or semi-inhabitable planets out there. I specify my bookish reasons because I have to give Doctor Who the majority of the credit on this one.
5. The Beach – Every time I read The Last Song I just want to go to the beach and sit there and watch the waves hit the shore, but I have been to the beach before.
6. Alaska – This is another place that I’ve technically been, but didn’t really get the chance to explore. I got off of the plane in Dutch Harbor and pretty much got straight onto the research ship. How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf made me want to experience a freezing cold Alaskan winter, at least once.
7. England – I’ve always want to visit England, even before reading Half Bad and Wimbledon. They just gave me more of a reason to want to visit. Although, maybe I should be a bit broader and just say that I want to see the UK. That way I can see it all.
I only came up with seven places for this week’s challenge. I wasn’t really in a traveling mindset when I started working on this. I was feeling a bit lazy and just wanted to sit down and watch Once Upon a Time. Where did you want go after reading about it?
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: alaska, amie kaufman, beach, books, chronicles of narnia, cs lewis, david ramirez, england, fiction, half bad, harry potter, hogwarts, how to flirt with a naked werewolf, jennifer gilby roberts, jk rowling, maine, marni mann, meagan spooner, molly harper, narnia, nicholas sparks, places books have made me want to visit, pulled beneath, reading, sally green, space, the forever watch, the last song, these broken stars, top 10 list, top ten tuesday, uk, wimbledon