Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 New Series I Want to Start
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
This week’s topic was simultaneously awesome and difficult. The topic is new series I want to start. They’re defining new as within the last year or two. I managed to stick to that definition, but I want to point out that there are a ton of series that I want to read that are more than 2 years old and some series that I’ve started the first book and haven’t gotten very far into it (like Divergent). So without further ado, here’s my list:
Top 10 New Series I Want to Start
1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – I already have Cinder (#1). I don’t know if this one counts because technically I’ve already started it. I just got bored about 30 pages in and haven’t managed to pick up back up. I’m determined to read it though because I’ve heard a ridiculous amount of good things about it.
2. Taken series by Erin Bowman – I already have Taken (#1) and Frozen (#2). Whenever I even think about this series, I get excited. I’m not sure exactly what it is that has blown a hole in my curiosity, but I’m exercising every ounce of self-control not to push this to the front of my TBR list.
3. Veronica Mars series by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham – I already have The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (#1). I’m kind of obsessed with VM and have been for years. This is definitely a case of limited reading time, not lack of interest. (Book #2 is called Mr. Kiss and Tell – massive fan-girling moment).
4. Broken Hearts & Revenge series by Katie Finn – I received Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend (#1) from Netgalley. It seems like a solid start to a series and I’m curious to see how it all plays out.
5. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – I already have Shadow and Bone (#1) and Siege and Storm (#2). This is another series that has gotten a lot of blogger love that is just sitting on my bookshelf.
6. Dorothy Must Die series by Danielle Paige – I already have Dorothy Must Die (#1). I don’t know why I haven’t already read this. I’m surprised I didn’t crack it open the day I bought it (at B&N for full price, which is very unlike me).
7. Control series by Lydia Kang – I already have Control (#1). I tried to get this book as a First to Read before it came out, but failed. I’m still pumped to read it, but my enthusiasm for it has waned a little since a few months have now passed.
8. Survival series by Tracey Ward – It’s a zombie series and I can’t believe I haven’t already read it in its entirety. I don’t have any books from this series…yet, which is a testament to how busy I’ve been.
10. Bea Catcher Chronicles by Olivia Samm – I received Snitch (#2) from Netgalley. I’ll be honest about this one. I wasn’t paying attention (again) and missed that I requested book 2. Now I feel as though I should read the whole series to give it a fair shot.
What new series are you excited about starting? Any recommendations?
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: bea catcher chronicles, bookish meme, books, broke and bookish, broken hearts & revenge series, chris howard, chronicles, control series, danielle paige, dorothy must die series, erin bowman, fiction, grisha trilogy, katie finn, leigh bardugo, lunar chronicles, lydia kang, marissa meyer, new series I want to start, olivia samm, reading, rob thomas, seaborn trilogy, series, survival series, taken series, top 10 list, top ten tuesday, tracey ward, trilogies, veronica mars series