Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
This week’s TTT is an exciting one for me. I can’t even express how exciting it is for me to think about the books that I want to buy. When you have a book addiction, it’s probably not the healthiest thing in the world to constantly have a book buying list at the ready, but we all have our little quirks (and at least I always look for deals). Since I’m so excited about this week’s list I won’t continue to ramble. Links will take you to the Goodreads page, Amazon, or my review. Here’s are my. . .
Top 10 Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get
1. Losing the Ice by Jennifer Comeaux (Ice #2) – I just read the first book in this series last week and immediately started looking for more by this author. My review for Crossing the Ice (book 1) will be up this Thursday (11/20). The sequel doesn’t come out until sometime in 2015. This author also has a whole separate series set in this world that focuses on characters that were in Crossing the Ice. I may have to buy and read that series while I’m waiting.
2. The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige (Dorothy Must Die #2) – I technically haven’t read Dorothy Must Die (book 1) yet, but my aunt bought me a copy and I have both of the prequels, No Place Like Oz (review will be up this Friday 11/21) and The Witch Must Burn. Be on the lookout for those reviews on the next few Fridays. The sequel, The Wicked Will Rise is going to be released on March 31, 2015. I’ve still got time to read the first book. I hate the lag time when you’re waiting for the next book in a series to come out (I’m seriously impatient).
3. Sparks by Ashley C. Harris (Shock Me series #2) – I read Shock Me and was dying to immediately jump into the next book, but it wasn’t out yet. I had to wait about 3 months and by that time my burning need had dimmed. I guess out of sight, out of mind works on me (sometimes). Sparks came out on September 30 and I haven’t bought it yet. I know I’ll want to read it immediately so I’m letting the release date (April 14, 2015) of Collide (book 3) get closer so that I don’t have to wait again.
4. This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (Starbound #2) – I read and reviewed These Broken Stars as part of a round robin guest posting with Ali @ No Money 4 Books and BookJunkieKrystal @ Books Are My Thing. It was so great. I read the tie-in, This Dark Night, this weekend (review will be up next Friday – 11/28). I think I’m sufficiently pumped for the release of This Shattered World (12/23/14).
5. The Twelve by Justin Cronin (The Passage #2) – I was obsessed with The Passage when it originally came out. I just recently re-read it (because I had to start all over – that’s what happens when you put a book down for over a year and can’t remember what’s going on). The Twelve is the sequel and it’s been out since 2012; I’m a little slow on this one. Part of my need to get reading here is that The City of Mirrors (book 3) comes out October 22, 2015.
6. Enlighten Me by Dawn Brazil (Finding Me #2) – I liked Finding Me when I read it a few months ago. Of course I’m looking forward to a sequel about people with “superpowers”. Who wouldn’t be? Unfortunately for me, there is currently no release date set. There’s a prequel out, Finding Her. I bought it and as of today haven’t read it yet, but I imagine that won’t be true by the end of the week.
7. Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Night Huntress #7) – I got really into this series as a sophomore in college and just can’t stop reading it. I was really excited when the seventh book came out earlier this year, but I haven’t bought it yet, so here it is on my list. It’s definitely an ages 18+ series.
8. Catalyst by Lydia Kang (Control #2) – I’ll be honest here, I haven’t read Control… yet. I read the sample chapter available on First to Read about 5 times before I got the book though. So I’m just assuming I’ll love Control when I read it and be pumped for the sequel, Catalyst, to come out on March 24, 2015.
9. Frozen by Erin Bowman (Taken #2) – This is another one that I haven’t read the first book (Taken) yet, but I have it and am assuming I’ll like it enough to be excited by the sequel, which came out in April. I thought I already had Frozen, but apparently I don’t since I can’t find it anywhere. That’s how you know you have too many book, when you can’t remember whether or not you have something that recently came out. To add-on to my excitement for this series, Forged (book 3) comes out April 14, 2015 and Stolen, the prequel, is out and available.
10. Reign by Chanda Hahn (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #4) – Actually the first book in this series, UnEnchanted, was one of the first reviews I wrote when I started Reviews in a Pinch. I also reviewed, Fairest (book 2). I have Fable (book 3), but haven’t managed to read it yet. Reign came out this month (11/3), so I’m not really that far behind.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: amie kaufman, an unfortunate fairy tale series, ashley c. harris, catalyst, chanda hahn, control series, danielle paige, dawn brazil, dorothy must die series, enlighten me, erin bowman, finding me series, frozen, ice series, jeaniene frost, jennifer comeaux, justin cronin, losing the ice, lydia kang, meagan spooner, night huntress series, reign, sequels i can't wait to get, shock me series, sparks, starbound series, taken series, the passage series, the twelve, the wicked will rise, this shattered world, top 10 list, top ten tuesday, up from the grave