Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
This was an interesting list for me because I like planning and being prepared to buy new books. The list is a little bit redundant because it repeats some of the books I have listed for Top 10 Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get a few weeks ago. At least you know I’m consistent, I guess. It is a little different because ALL of these books are being released in 2015 and aren’t necessarily sequels. Seriously, do not act shocked if you recognize some of these titles from a few weeks ago. So, here are the. . .
Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2015
1. The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige – Of course I’m excited about this one. I’ve been yapping on and on about it for weeks now. It comes out March 31, 2015 and I’ll be ready. I’m hoping it’ll be one of those books that I might be able to read before it’s published. I would be ecstatic. Self-promotion: My review of The Witch Must Burn will be up this Friday (12/5).
2. Collide by Ashley C. Harris – I read Shock Me and absolutely loved it. I haven’t read Sparks (book 2) yet because I’m impatient. I’m planning to buy and read it just before April 14, 2015 when Collide is released. It’s actually pretty brilliant of me because then I don’t have to wait very long (I’m definitely giving myself a major pat on the back). The downside will be if Collide ends on a cliffhanger or something.
3. The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin – I’ve read The Passage and I’m planning on reading The Twelve (soonish). I have plenty of time before The City of Mirrors is released on October 22, 2015.
4. Catalyst by Lydia Kang – The first book in this series, Control, is on my Winter TBR list. Therefore, I will be more than ready for the release of Catalyst on March 24, 2015.
5. Forged by Erin Bowman – I was waiting to read Taken because I wanted to buy Frozen first, so that they’re both immediately available for me to continue on, if that’s how I want to read them. Then I discovered a prequel, Stolen,so I think I’ll read that first and then start the series. I’ll be ready by April 14, 2015 for the release of Forged.
6. Losing the Ice by Jennifer Comeaux – I was content with assuming that Courtney and Josh lived their lives happily ever after at the end of Crossing the Ice. Then I read the synopsis for book #2, Losing the Ice. Now I’m excited to see how things are for them. It’s kind of killing me that there isn’t a hard release date yet. It’ll be out sometime in 2015.
7. Half-Wild by Sally Green – To be frank, I don’t really know why I’m excited about Half-Wild‘s release on March 24, 2015. I wasn’t exactly impressed with Half Bad. I think it’s just almost impossible for me to leave a series unfinished. While I was underwhelmed by Half Bad, I still want to know what happens (maybe books 2 and 3 will be awesome – you never know).
8. Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell – I really don’t remember how I even heard about this book, but I’m looking forward to its release on August 4, 2015. It sounds awesome! It’s a re-imagined Cinderella mixed with the Lunar Chronicles (which I have yet to read).
9. The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King – This will be released on November 30, 2015. It’s a collection of short stories including some of the harder to find stories. I’m willing to wait for the convenience.
10. Untitled by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (Starbound #3) – As of right now This Shattered World hasn’t even come out yet, but I’m already ready for December 2015. I’m just assuming that I will continue to obsess over this series.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges
- Tagged: amie kaufman, ashley c. harris, betsy cornwell, books I'm looking forward to in 2015, catalyst, collide, control series, danielle paige, dorothy must die series, erin bowman, forged, half bad series, half wild, ice series, jennifer comeaux, justin cronin, losing the ice, lydia kang, meagan spooner, mechanica, sally green, shock me series, short story collection, starbound series, stephen king, taken series, the bazaar of bad dreams, the city of mirrors, the passage series, the wicked will rise, top 10 list, top ten tuesday