Treat Yo Self Thursday – December 4, 2014
Over at No Money 4 Books, they created this bookish meme called Treat Yo Self Thursday. We all know that it’s just not possible to buy ourselves every book or bookish item that we’d like, but we should treat ourselves once in a while! Inspired by Parks and Recreation’s Treat Yo Self Day, this is a chance to share what bookish item you treated yourself to this week. It can be a book you had to get your hands on, a great deal you just couldn’t pass up, or even reading paraphernalia such as a shiny new e-reader, cool bookmarks, cute reading glasses… nothing’s too small to include on Treat Yo Self Thursday!
Here at Reviews in a Pinch, we don’t participate every week, but when we do we go overboard. This week’s excuse all comes down to Black Friday/Cyber Monday. The deals and savings were enough that I felt like I’d be losing money if I didn’t take advantage of them. The majority of these came from Thriftbooks.com. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out. You know that we participated this week, so let’s get to the book haul (the links will take you to Goodreads). For the record this all cost me under $50 (I’m too lazy to actually sit and add it up for you guys).
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (All Souls #1) – I already have the audiobook and for some reason I bought Shadow of Night (book 2) first. I don’t know how or why that happened.
- Adverbs by Daniel Handler – The description is intriguing. Go ahead and click to read it, I’d be happy to wait.
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss #1)
- Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Caster Chronicles #3)
- Bones Are Forever by Kathy Reichs (Temperance Brennan #15)
- Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs (Temperance Brennan #16)
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Confessions of Georgia Nicholson by Louise Rennison (Confessions of Georgia Nicholson #1 and #2)
- Dancing in My Nuddy Pants by Louise Rennison (Confessions of Georgia Nicholson #4)
- Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #13) – My collection is now complete!
- Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs (Temperance Brennan #14)
- Home Improvement: Undead Edition by Charlaine Harris – I’m a pretty big fan of anthologies.
- Hot & Bothered by Susan Andersen
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Innocence by Dean Koontz
- Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison (Confessions of Georgia Nicholson #3)
- Lightning by Dean Koontz
- Seizure by Kathy Reichs (Virals #2) – I already had books 1 and 3. I really don’t know how I do this. It has to be a poor attention span.
- The Bite Before Christmas by Lynsay Sands – Anthologies are where you find new authors, without investing in multiple books.
- The Bookman’s Tale by Charlie Lovett – I loved First Impressions so much that I had to buy another book by him.
- The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’m really excited to read this! I’ve heard so many good things.
- The Twelve by Justin Cronin (The Passage #2) – I probably won’t read this soon. I’ll save it for closer to the release date of the third book (The City of Mirrors).
- We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas – I took advantage of the Amazon lightning deal for this one. It was super cheap and I couldn’t/didn’t even try to control myself.
Side Note: I tried to organize my bookshelves and failed spectacularly. The real problem here is that I have too many books and really need to buy another 1-2 bookcases. By too many books, I mean I literally have duplicates (yes, that is meant to be plural) because I forgot that I already owned certain books. Good news on that front: I’ll be doing a blogiversary giveaway for all of my duplicates (I’ve found about 5 books for that so far) in January. See my ridiculous shelves/makeshift book storage areas (i.e. my window sills) below (please excuse the mess and my dog):
Hopefully now you can see why I may have forgotten that I already had a few books and ordered a second copy. We won’t even think about my ebooks.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: a discovery of witches, adverbs, along for the ride, anna and the french kiss, binge buying, black friday, bones of the lost, bookshelves, charlaine harris, charlie lovett, cleaning, code name verity, confessions of georgia nicholson, cyber monday, dancing in my nuddy pants, daniel handler, dead ever after, dean koontz, deborah harkness, elizabeth wein, erin morgenstern, flash and bones, gayle forman, home improvement undead edition, hot and bothered, if i stay, innocence, justin cronin, kathy reichs, knocked out by my nunga-nungas, lightning, louise rennison, matthew thomas, no money 4 books, organization, sarah dessen, seizure, stephanie perkins, stephen king, susan andersen, the bite before christmas, the bookman's tale, the eyes of the dragon, the night circus, the twelve, treat yo self thursday, we are not ourselves