Treat Yo Self Thursday – Christmas Edition
Over at No Money 4 Books, they created this bookish meme called Treat Yo Self Thursday. We all know that it’s just not possible to buy ourselves every book or bookish item that we’d like, but we should treat ourselves once in a while! Inspired by Parks and Recreation’s Treat Yo Self Day, this is a chance to share what bookish item you treated yourself to this week. It can be a book you had to get your hands on, a great deal you just couldn’t pass up, or even reading paraphernalia such as a shiny new e-reader, cool bookmarks, cute reading glasses… nothing’s too small to include on Treat Yo Self Thursday!
This is the very special Treat Yo Self Thursday – Christmas Edition that I mentioned yesterday. Below you’ll find the reason for my excitement and Christmas hangover.
Under the Christmas Tree:
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
- Amazon Gift Card
- Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm – B&N Collectible Edition
- Gray’s Anatomy by Henry Gray – B&N Collectible Edition
- Personalized Book Embosser
Bought with Amazon Gift Card:
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Bought from The Reading Room:
- Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle & Maureen Johnson
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Splintered by A. G. Howard
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians collection by Rick Riordan
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
*I haven’t gotten all of them in the mail yet.
From RT Book Reviews magazine:
I won the Bookmas giveaway held by RT Book Reviews magazine! I won 11 of their 2014 Seal of Excellence winning books. I’m not 100% sure which 11 books will show up in the mail, but I’m no less excited by that fact.
And that does it for Treat Yo Self Thursday – Christmas Edition! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays, no matter what you celebrate and had a very Happy New Year!!!
Did anyone else make out like a bandit in the bookish department?
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: a.g. howard, alena graedon, all the light we cannot see, amazon, anthony doerr, big little lies, book embosser, books, brothers grimm, christmas, donna tartt, e. lockhart, gray's anatomy, grimm's complete fairy tales, henry gray, is everyone hanging out without me, john green, lauren myracle, let it snow, liane moriarty, lola and the boy next door, mary pearson, maureen johnson, mindy kaling, no money 4 books, percy jackson and the olympians, rick riordan, rt book reviews magazine, splintered, stephanie perkins, the goldfinch, the kiss of deception, the reading room, the word exchange, treat yo self thursday, we were liars, what alice forgot