Bout of Books Challenge – Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt
That’s right; it’s day 1 of the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon and I’m managing to participate in one of the daily challenges! I’m already pretty darn proud of myself for managing this. Anyway, on to the challenge:
It’s a bookshelf scavenger hunt! *(Hosted by Caught Read Handed)
Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it
4. Find a book with a female protagonist
5. Find the longest book you own
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated)
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book.
I’m posting this later than I wanted to because I had to wait until I got home from work to double-check my answers with my bookshelf and take a picture.
What did I manage to find?
1. Marie-Helene Bertino (2 a.m. at the Cat’s Pajamas) – My initials are M.B.
2. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
3. Sheryl Sandberg (Lean In)
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
6. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
7. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
Bonus: A violin girl (from back when I played the violin)
Okay, I have to admit this was pretty fun. It probably would’ve been even more fun if I’d been able to look at my bookshelves a bit sooner. Did anyone else participate in one of today’s challenges?
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: 2am at the cats pajamas, anna karenina, blogging, blogging challenge, books, bookshelf scavenger hunt, bout of books, c.s. lewis, divergent, j.k. rowling, L.J. Smith, lean in, leo tolstoy, marie-helene bertino, read-a-thon, sheryl sandbery, the casual vacancy, the chronicles of narnia, the forbidden game, veronica roth, violin