Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Most Anticipated Debut Novels for 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
I’m not great with new releases, especially when it’s a debut novel/author. If it’s a new release from a series that I’m already reading obsessively (i.e. The Wicked Will Rise), I know exactly when it’s coming out. I want to get better about paying attention to new releases because I always feel like I’m about 8 months behind and this list is the perfect way to help me do that. I actually had to do a little research and I’m pretty darn happy with what I found. So here are my. . .
Top 10 Most Anticipated Debut Novels for 2015
1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – I actually became aware of this book in 2014 because it kept showing up on other TTT lists. It will be released on February 10 and I’m curious enough that I’ll be picking up a copy.
2. The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker – I pretty much love anything dealing with witches, so this will be on my TBR list once it’s released on June 2. Thanks Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling for that obsession.
3. Shutter by Courtney Alameda – This looks so amazingly creepy. I’m excited to see just how scary it will be, but I’ll have to decide if I want to wait and read it in October during the RIP Reading Challenge. It will be released on February 3.
4. Valiant by Sarah McGuire – Hello, fairy tale retelling. Sign me up. It’ll be released on June 9.
5. Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat – This is not normally the type of book I seek out, but something about it makes me want to get a copy on June 16. Maybe it’s the cover?
6. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent – This particular book piqued my interest because I’ve never read a book description like it. I’m not saying there isn’t one out there, but I’ve never run across it, if there is. Immortal souls, demons, sins prosecuted as crimes? You’ve hooked me. June 9 can’t come fast enough.
7. All Fall Down by Ally Carter – I accidentally stumbled across this book’s description and now I really want to read it. I’m a humongous fan of NCIS and some of the plot made me think of Gibbs and the team. I’ll be keeping an eye out for it on January 27.
8. The Cage by Megan Shepherd – The description makes it sound similar to The Maze Runner. I don’t generally like when books follow the same general plot lines of another book, but this one has still managed to pique my interest. It comes out on May 26.
9. The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – The first thing that caught me with this books was the title. Then I saw the cover and pretty much decided I wanted to read it without reading the description. I did read the description, but it just made the book sound awesome. It will be released on February 24.
10. Frostfire by Amanda Hocking – I love Amanda Hocking’s Hollows series, so I’m pretty excited about this new series. I’ll admit that a large part of my excitement comes from previously reading books by this author, but I’m still excited to read Frostfire. It was released today!
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Top Ten Tuesday
- Tagged: 2015 debut novels, all fall down, ally carter, amanda hocking, between the notes, blogging, blogging challenge, courtney alameda, frostfire, megan shepherd, melinda salisbury, most anticipated debut novels for 2015, rachel vincent, red queen, sarah mcguire, sharon huss roat, shutter, the cage, the sin eater's daughter, the stars never rise, the witch hunter, top 10 list, top ten tuesday, valiant, victoria aveyard, virginia boecker