Bout of Books 12 Read-A-Thon Wrap Up
The Bout of Books 12 Read-A-Thon has officially ended. I’m a bit sad to see it end. I’d love to have another week to read some more. It’s not that I’ll stop reading, but I read voraciously during a read-a-thon and it’s actually a lot of fun. I can’t read like that all the time though because I would burn out faster than a firework. I know you’re all curious about how I did, so let’s get to it.
- Read 5 books.
- Participate in 2 of the daily challenges.
- Complete a wrap up post in a timely manner.
- Tweet during the challenge.
How did I do?
Books I Started, but Didn’t Finish:
- Melt by Selene Castrovilla (although I finished this at lunch today, Monday)
- Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi (only made it to Ch. 3)
What I managed to read:
- Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (All Souls #1)
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry (Point Last Seen #1)
- Alienated by Melissa Landers (Alienated #1)
- Stolen by Erin Bowman (Taken #0.5)
- Until Midnight by Melissa Landers (Alienated #1.5)
- Half Lies by Sally Green (Half Bad #0.5)
Be on the lookout in the coming weeks for these reviews. I will give you a small exclusive; none of these reviews are below 3 stars.
Completed Daily Challenges:
- Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt – Monday
- Top 10 Recommendations – Tuesday
- Describe Your Book in Pictures – Friday
I actually managed to complete 3 of the daily challenges, so I’m pretty darn proud of that. That’s actually one more than I anticipated being able to complete.
This is obviously my wrap-up posting and it’s out the day after Bout of Books ended, so I’d say that counts as a check mark.
Twitter: Eh. I did okay with this one. I did tweet occasionally, but it was nowhere near what I meant to do. Apparently this is something I need to work on in general, not just during Bout of Books.
I didn’t do any updates during the week. Did anyone want to see that? I kind of felt like that may have been a waste of my time and yours. Dang, maybe I should’ve done a halfway point update post. Oh well. Next time!
I would say Bout of Books 12 was a success. Not only did I reach the majority of my goals (I met the important ones), I also had so much fun. This was definitely the most fun I’ve had with a Read-A-Thon so far. I really think the addition of the daily challenges helped. I hope everyone else that participated had fun and that all of you readers enjoyed the posts and reviews to come!
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: a discovery of witches, alienated, all souls trilogy, april henry, blogging, blogging challenge, books, bookshelf scavenger hunt, bout of books, bout of books 12, boy snow bird, deborah harkness, describe your book in pictures, erin bowman, half bad trilogy, half lies, helen oyeyemi, liz czukas, melissa landers, melt, point last seen series, read-a-thon, sally green, selene castrovilla, stolen, taken series, the body in the woods, top 10 recommendations, top ten clues you're clueless, until midnight, wrap up