Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 2014 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn’t Get To
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up in the community where The Broke and the Bookish provides a prompt and other lovers of list making join in on it with their own top ten list. You can have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to! All they ask is that you link back to them if you’re participating.
Most you are aware that I have a ridiculous amount of books sitting on my bookshelves that haven’t been read. There are actually quite a few released in 2014, so this list was a cake walk for me. I don’t have all of these books on my shelf, but these are the 10 books that I really wanted to read and missed. Here are my. . .
Top 10 2014 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn’t Get To
1. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty – This is currently sitting on my bookshelf, but in my defense it’s only been there since December 30, so I didn’t really have the time to read it in 2014.
2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt – I found this particular book under my Christmas tree. It’s pretty long, so I don’t feel guilty about reading it in 2014.
3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson – I saw this book on Netgalley and decided to skip over it. I regret doing that now. I bought a copy and it’s now sitting on my bookshelf, but it’s only been there for a little over a week.
4. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – I meant to get this one at Thanksgiving, but I got it confused with another book and ordered the wrong one. That was another moment where I couldn’t help thinking that I have far too many books on my bookshelf and a ridiculous amount on my TBR list.
5. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness – I need to explain this one. I haven’t read the first two books in this series yet, but I want to buy this one before I start any of them. Since BookJunkieKrystal (@ Books Are My Thing) recommended it, I just have a feeling that I’m not going to want to stop and wait for the last book to show up.
6. Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King – I don’t own this one either. I have found that I’m a big fan of King’s newer books though, so I’d really like to read this one. I’ll eventually pick up a copy, but I’m not in a hurry at the moment.
7. The Martian by Andy Weir – I missed this one in 2014. I don’t how, but I did. This is the exact type of book that I usually love reading and I managed to overlook it. I’ll rectify that this year.
8. Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi – I don’t know what is wrong with me when it comes to this book. I was dying to read it before it came out. I read the chapter excerpts that were available multiple times. I’ve now checked it out from the library no less than 3 times and haven’t managed to open it once. I just recently checked it out for a fourth time and I’m determined to actually read it this time.
9. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I’ve heard so many great things about this books that I think I need to pick up a copy as soon as I possibly can.
10. Alienated by Melissa Landers – I remember finding out about this because of someone’s TTT back in September or October. I don’t even remember the topic that week or which blogger it was, but after reading the description, I wanted to read it. I checked it out from the library last week and I’m pretty darn excited about reading it. Plus the sequel comes out this year.
What did you want to read in 2014, but ran out of time on?
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Top Ten Tuesday
- Tagged: 2014 releases i meant to read but didn't get to, alienated, all the light we cannot see, andy weir, anthony doerr, big little lies, blogging, blogging challenges, boy snow bird, deborah harkness, donna tartt, helen oyeyemi, jenny han, liane moriarty, mary pearson, melissa landers, mr. mercedes, stephen king, the book of life, the goldfinch, the kiss of deception, the martian, to all the boys i've loved before, top 10 list, top ten tuesday