Treat Yo Self Thursday – January 15, 2015
Over at No Money 4 Books, they created this bookish meme called Treat Yo Self Thursday. We all know that it’s just not possible to buy ourselves every book or bookish item that we’d like, but we should treat ourselves once in a while! Inspired by Parks and Recreation’s Treat Yo Self Day, this is a chance to share what bookish item you treated yourself to this week. It can be a book you had to get your hands on, a great deal you just couldn’t pass up, or even reading paraphernalia such as a shiny new e-reader, cool bookmarks, cute reading glasses… nothing’s too small to include on Treat Yo Self Thursday!
This is my first book treat of the new year! I actually didn’t go that far overboard this time. I used a $40 gift card for Thriftbooks and spent $1.19 (for 9 books). Two of the books are brand new and the others were former hardcover library books (which I love!). Ready to see what I splurged on (links will take you to the Goodreads page)?
- Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas – I really liked Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless, so I figured I would try another book by Liz Czukas.
- Conversion by Katherine Howe – I wanted to read this and then found out that you should really read The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane first. So this is me anticipating that I’ll love both.
- Fiend by Peter Stenson – It’s a zombie book, why not?
- Girl, Stolen by April Henry – I enjoyed The Body in the Woods and I’d like to read something else by April Henry before the second book in the series comes out in June.
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad – I have to make sure I’m throwing in classics here and there. I want to make sure I keep a broad reading base.
- Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire – In case it hasn’t becoming glaringly obvious, I have a bit of an obsession with all things Oz and fairy tale twists.
- Positive: A Memoir by Paige Rawl with Ali Benjamin – I was told this was a lifetime must-read. I take that kind of recommendation seriously.
- Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern – It looks hilarious. No brainer.
- The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe – Apparently I’m anticipating falling in love with Katherine Howe’s writing. I should probably get started on The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane now. It’s been sitting on my bookshelf for a while now.
- Posted in: Blogging Challenges ♦ Treat Yo Self Thursday ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: ali benjamin, april henry, ask again later, books, conversion, fiction, fiend, girl stolen, gregory maguire, heart of darkness, joseph conrad, justin halpern, katherine howe, liz czukas, mirror mirror, non-fiction, paige rawl, peter stenson, positive: a memoir, sh*t my dad says, the house of velvet and glass, treat yo self thursday